sábado, 18 de mayo de 2019

Fame ( Sotogrande International School)



Today I wasn’t going running. Every day, from Monday to Friday, I am usually going running in the morning, but today was a special day; today I was going to San Roque, to the theatre. Sotogrande International School had invited the students from Official Languages School to watch a musical play based on the successful series Fame, (1982), represented by School’s teachers and students.    
We entered the theater at 9:45, there was an enthusiastic group of teenage students from primary and secondary schools in San Roque. The organization had reserved the first rows of seats for us, the older students. To the left, under the stage was a small orchestra made up of students and teachers. The curtain was opened and a young woman appeared; she went down and headed for the orchestra, she was announced as “the pianist”. The lights turned off and the theater went dark; the orchestra started playing. Uauuuu! That sounded incredibly good.
The show started. The stage was filled with light,…. colours,….movement,…. music,.. of choreographies, of scenes with dialogues in English perfectly performed by the boys and girls of school. It was a display of talent; I felt excited, it touched my soul and moved my feet.
I thought my nephews (12 and 16) would have liked to see the show. I could not stop applauding, but also thinking. I was sure of the talent of those young people, but ... Who had been responsible for those young people's development of the talent? What means did they have? This is the result of spending money on the education of young people. But ... I did not want to think about anything. I just wanted to enjoy that moment. My sincere congratulations.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario