viernes, 8 de marzo de 2019

8th March Woman's Day


BEFORE

I grew seeing it.

 

TODAY

It’s very difficult express in a language that isn’t yours what you want in an article, but I am going to try.

I had listened during this week on the radio and the TV to politicians from different parties justifying the attendance or not attendance the March 8 demonstration. Ones justifying to be owner of the event and others giving stupid excuses not to be present. Feminism is the equality in rights between men and women, ¡of course! It is an ideology, but an ideology that isn’t the heritage of any party and should be of all parties.


I had decided to be in the Algeciras demonstration and I went. When I was walking towards the centre of the city I felt excited. Little by little you could feel the festive atmosphere. When I arrived at the high square (Plaza Alta), all the women and all the men who wanted to be, were there.  As I tell you, that was exciting, full of noise, full of colors, young girls with their faces painted and others less young wearing purple T-shirts, and…… men, men, a lot of men.  

As a man I feel very proud of those women and those men who felt the need to be, and of myself for having been there. I was convinced that I wanted to be there.

I realized it late but I'm realizing!!



3 comentarios: