martes, 23 de abril de 2019

Tema 6 A (GRAMMAR)


Will / won’t (predictions)
  •   Use often use will/won’t + infinitive for future predictions, i.e. to say things we     think, guess or know about the future.
  •   We often use I think/I don’t think + will.

I think he’ll fail the exam. I don’t think he’ll pass the exam. NOT I think he won’t pass.


Subject

+
-
?



Will

I/ you/ he/ she/ it we/ they
‘ll be late
won’t be late
be late?
Yes,
No,
will
won’t

A.   I’m seeing Jane at six. B. She’ll be late
The film’s in French. We won’t understand anything.
It’s a great book. I’m sure you’ll like it.
I don’t think it’ll rain tomorrow.

Be going to for predictions
We can also “be going to” to predict something you know or can see is going to happen, e.g.
Look at the clouds. It’s going to rain.
They’re playing very well. I’m sure Thet’re going to win.  




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario