lunes, 29 de abril de 2019

Tema 4 C (GRAMMAR)


Something, anything, nothing, etc.

·          Use somebody/ someone, something, somewhere with + verb when you don’t say exactly who, what, or where
·          Use anybody/ anyone, anything, anywhere with - verb or in questions.
I didn’t anything last night. NOT I didn’t do nothing.
·          Use nobody/ no one, nothing, nowhere in shorts answers or in sentences with a + verb.


people
+
Somebody/ someone has taken my pen!
-
I didn’t speak to anybody/ anyone.
?
Did anybody/ anyone phone?
X
No, nobody/ no one. Nobody/ No one phoned.


things
+
I bought something for dinner.
-
I didn’t do anything at the weekend.
?
Is there anything in the fridge?
X
No, nothing. There’s nothing in the fridge.


places
+
Let’s go somewhere this weekend.
-
We didn’t go anywhere this summer.
?
Is there anywhere to park?
X
No, nowhere. There’s nowhere to park.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario