viernes, 11 de enero de 2019

Tema 3 B ( GRAMMAR)

Present continuous
  •           We often use the present continuous with a future meaning, especially for future arrangements. i.e. for plans we have made at a fixed time or place in the future. Don’t use the present simple for this. NOT I see some friends tonight.


+
I’m seeing a friend tonight.
She’s arriving at lunchtime.
-
She isn’t leaving until Friday
They aren’t coming to the party.
?
What are you doing this evening?
Is she meeting us at the restaurant?

Be going to or present continuous?
We can often use either with no difference in meaning, e.g. I’m going to see Anna on Tuesday. OR I’m seeing Anna on Tuesday.
It’s very common to use the present continuous with the expressions tonight, tomorrow, this weekend, etc. and with verbs describing travel arrangements, e.g. go, come, leave, arrive.
I’m leaving on Monday is more common than I’m going to leave on Monday.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario